Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

I have been diagnosed with an enlargened heart. Is there

Customer Question
treatments that will work without...
I have been diagnosed with an enlargened heart. Is there treatments that will work without surgery?
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: my health is good. Last year I had two abdominal stents put in because I had an aneurism. Since then I have been fine. But I am 64 years old. Woulds they have operated on me for aneurism if I had an over enlargened heart?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My dad had a pace maker.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/29/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Did your echocardiography show enlarged heart?

Were you advised surgery for it?

Do you have high blood pressure?

I have high blood pressure medication that controls my pressure well usually about 140/90 at times. Yes. The Cardiologist wants to send a whatever from my groin up to my heart. If all is ok, he wants to put in a "pump"? Did my echocardiology show it? I don't know. He never showed me anything and they did a scan of sorts and a strss test.

A meticulous control of blood pressure would revert the heart enlargement.

A pump is usually advised if the pumping power of heart is low (termed ejection fraction).

You need to discuss alternatives with your doctor; but maintaining and regulating the blood pressure is likely to be the key.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

There is a condition called as dilated cardiomyopathy. Was this diagnosed by your doctor. This may need surgery. Please read this resource;

http://www.medicinenet.com/cardiomyopathy_dilated/article.htm#what_is_the_treatment_for_dcm

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor