Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other
Experience:  I am resident cardiologist and have 03 years experience of working in all the domains of cardiology
23101880

MY ECG reads in entirety as follows ( I DO HAVE EHLERS

MY ECG reads in entirety as follows ( I DO HAVE EHLERS dANLOS AND mvp plus LAFB PREVIOUSLY) IT SAYS:left axis deviation consistent with LAFB THEN..minor high lateral repolarization disturbance/consider ischemia/LV overload or aspecific change THEN poor R wave progression THEN borderline ECG ihave research read most terms and it does NOT sound good...my GP did not even read this fro, 3 most ago HELP INTERPRET PLS!
JA: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've experienced (e.g. shortness of breath, heart palpitations, minor physical effort making you feel tired)?
Customer: YES ALL but not too many palpitations
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have the connective tissued DNA defect EDS ane Sjrogren disease And hASHIMOTOS THYROID and POTS///// dysautonmia

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well left axis deviation, LAFB and poor LV function are obviously not good signs. It shows your left sided heart isnt working to optimum levels and is unable to pump out enough blood. The cause could be your mitral valve prolapse leading to Mitral regurgitation causing left ventricular volume overload and resultant hypertrophy.

Poor R wave progression could suggest old anterior wall MI or ischemic damage. You will need an echocardigram to know more details on your hearts conditions. Its very much recommended.

Hope it answers your query

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but i have regular echos and they never come back abnormal but i think there is a more intense one that should be done yes?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the LAFB THEY said could 'mimic' having had a heart attack I DONT RECALL any!! pain or signs physically of having had one IS THAT POSSIBLE/
?

Yes the EKG suggests few changes there. When was the last time you had an echo test? Its basically a combination of EKG, cardiac enzynes, echo findings and symptoms of the patient that defines severity of the situation. There could possibly have been no attack at all

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ALSO MY father had left descending aortic valve aneurysm ...they had to put stents in.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
echo about 8 mos ago with MVP every 2 yrs for me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it goes along vey often wth EDS patients which i am one..

You have Ehler Danlos and its associated with various idiopathic conduction abnormalities including LAFB so it might not be a real cause of concern but you definitely need an echo.

Yes exactly as i said

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do have heart pains but was told they are regurgitant jets to MVP
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THE SPECIALIZED ECHO you mean or the normal ones they do DONT UNDERSTAND

A specialized echo would be more appropriate

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do i have to see a cardiologist to get that one and what extra do they look for that normal ones missed

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
pls respond to last question before i rate

You need a 2 Dimensional echo and it should pretty much help reveal any cardiac abnormalities . Yes you will need a cardiologists review for this

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what can this one UNEARTH that normal doesn't PLEASE!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ALL my cholesterol and such are in fine shape so its not blockages

What do you exactly mean by Normal echo? We have transthoracic 2D echo and transesophageal echo. You just need a 2D transthoracic echo . It reveals the anatomy of heart basically. Its an ultrasound of heart in simple words

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what sort of 'abnormalities' do you mean related to the ever weakening 62 yrs old collagen EDS??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ITS MY whole heart and i'm sure thoracic never had the esophageal one.. THEY KNOW its for eds and they see the LAFB on it too MVP is ok still

Possible abnormalities in Mitral valve, Mitral regurgitation that can lead to LAD, low ejection fraction or any wall motion abnormalities that could suggest an old ischemic event.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i dont understand why the ecg came back with all that extra info and am worried

Thats why you need an echo , these abnormalities on EKG must be further evaluated by doing an echo to look for things i mentioned above

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but i thot they would seen any abnormalties on echo these ones are NOT ordered by cardiologist but my GP
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My own doctor GP did not EVEN READ THIS i am so upset this is 3 mos ME reading over old test result I ALWAYS ASK FOR A COPY .....this is why!! dammit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he should be sued perhaps I COULD have an MI at any point RIGHT?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I AM at risk YES??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
COURSE i don't sue doctors but he is failing me badly

An echo ordered by your GP is good enough . There is no difference ,the findings have to be read by a cardiologist for sure. I cannot quite comment on your GP as he must be having a reason for it .

Your echo would confirm if there is any significant risk or not. EKG alone isnt enough nor too reliable

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it ischemia doesn't that indicate a likely prior MI or you rather think its all related to the EDS mvp
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well now i have had both so you are saying that the echo which said evrything was fine is to ***** than ECG?

In EDS conduction abnormalities like LAFB can appear even without ischemia ( idiopathic) as i mentioned above so it might not be a real cause of concern, but it needs an echo confirmation

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this ecg came long after that last echo

Repeat echo plz, so much can happen in 8 months

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
btw what is LAD
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
YEAH i am correct to be a bit concerned about the cardiologist's who read ecg ...results?

Left axis deviation. Can be due to enlarged or hypertrophied left ventricle because of MR from MVP

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MT is what? omg
mitral regurgitation?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did read a bit about atrophy as well....not good
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
simplified? the jets pushing back in are wearing out the left mitral valve
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
muscle wasting? sort of hypotonia .....just theorizng

Its hypertrophy not atrophy i mentioned. Hyprertrophy means enlargement of muscle due to constant pressure, its opposite of atrophy. Yes MR is mitral regurg. Its not the jets but the floppy valve that lets the blood flow back .

I hope your queries have been answered thoroughly.

Please do leave a positive rating to reward credit for the consult.

Have a good day

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you for great knowledge and advice so much appreciated live long and prosper

You are welcome.

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards. Take care