DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Classical homeopath also board certified in integrative and holistic medicine. Many years of practice, also all of medicine.
24257177

My husband began complaining of heartburn/indigestion last

My husband began complaining of heartburn/indigestion last evening, along with a headache. He seemed fine otherwise. He went to get ready for bed and was struck by sudden nausea, vomiting and a cold sweat. He seemed a bit shaky after the incident and had a very sleepless night because he said his stomach wasn't right. His colour is off, his extremities are cold, his temperature is 36C and he is completely exhausted and in bed with an icepack for his headache. I have given him two aspirin and suggested several times we should go to the hospital to have him checked for a possible heart attack, but he refuses to go, saying he probably has the flu, food poisoning, or Norwalk virus. What do I do now?!
JA: Are you experiencing any shortness of breath or chest pain? Is there a history of heart disease in your family?
Customer: He says there is no shortness of breath, nor is there history of heart issues in his family. He is also a smoker
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He is overweight - 5'8", 220 lbs. and is complaining of feeling bloated. His stomach is distended and firm to the touch. He is on meds for depression/anxiety/high blood pressure/cholesterol

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

You tell him this is classic for angina, or even a small heart attack.

A small heart attack can become a big , fatal heart attack.

Take him to the emergency room.

If he won't go, call a squad of paramedics to come talk with him. Some might have a portable EKG with them, and that will at least be some help.

OK, let me know if you have more questions, I am here.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is complete exhaustion also one of the symptoms of angina or heart attack? He thinks he judt neefs an antacid and sleep and he will be fine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No i prefer to type thanks. By the way we live in Ontario Canada

Exhaustion is a cardinal symptom of a small heart attack.

No something to watch and weight on.

Please be sure to click a 5 manually at the top of the page, or I am not fully credited.

I am here as needed.