Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

Chest pains.All EGGs are normal.Blood tests are ok.But i

Customer Question
still have pains in my...
Chest pains.All EGGs are normal.Blood tests are ok.But i still have pains in my left side of my chest.Now my feet are burning.Checked my sugar levels it 5.9.I was told that i have too much acid.Can this be the cause?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/13/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Saleem, Other replied 4 months ago
Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Yes it is very much possible. It depends on the character of pain you get.

Can you please describe the following for me plz;

Nature of pain such as burning, stabbing, dull or sharp

Does it radiate or travel to jaws, arm etc

What helps improve it ? Like rest, eating or an antacid?

Anything that worsens e.g exertion, activity, certain posture or eating food?

What all have you tried?

Stabbing and travels to my arm and arm feet.It gets worse when I drink alcohol.Now my feet are burning.Its a stabbing pain that even affects my left shoulder for more than 5 years but now its worsening
Will fone tomorrow

Well its unlikely to be related to heart if its aggravated by alcohol and pain your feet would not be related to heart either.

Does taking an antacid help?

Plz ignore automated call requests from website

Am taking Lokit and nexium

Does it help?

But even if an not drinking the pain is always there

Well constant chest pain which is not associated with any changes on EKGs is unlikely to be cardiac in origin. It has to be linked to stomach. Excess acid production or GERD can cause pain in chest and it can radiate to left shoulder too.

Its possible that your shoulder / feet pain are unrelated to the chest discomfort. You may try nerve pain medication as it could be due to a pinched nerve sometimes. For definitive diagnosis however we need few more tests like imaging on your spine and nerve conduction studies.

For now it seems gastric and not cardiac.

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing

Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other