Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I use oxygen only at night because my O sats we're dropping…

I use oxygen only at...
I use oxygen only at night because my O sats we're dropping really low. Lately, I am waking up with sore lungs. It is like it hurts to breath and I have a coughe. It improves and is only when I initially wake up.I am seem to be tugging of the cannula sometime during the night because I sometimes wake up holding it. Is the lung pain from the oxygen?
8/13/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How low?

Mostly 84 but lowest was 78

Wow. That is really low

How old are you?

26. No idea why. I was waking up gaspibg for air and my fingers would turn blue. I didnt used to pull my cannula off but i am now...which eventually wakes me up sob...
Recently i was in the ER because i passed out at work..my O sat was 88..
I have never smoked...

Did you have any other tests?

Right now I am getting some tests done on my heart ( I on a beta blocker for tachycardia). I have had lots of blood work. The delays are with insurance and I already paid a lot for the oxygen. Is 88 bad to drop to during the day? I only know that because I passed out. My BP had also dropped really low though as well. When I got to the ER, my BP was coming up, but my mom said that the O sat kept bouncing between 88 and 94 (Is that good bad or OK?). Something is definitely going on and I have had a lot of health problems hit this year.

Yes, that is very bad

I suspect a lung problem more than heart

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I am supposed to have more tests, but they are stuck with insurance approval, but I will follow trough on them. SO do yu think that the lung pain might be related as opposed to being cause by the oxygen itself? Also, sometimes i use the oxygen when I get home in the afternoon simply because I feel better. Is that OK?
I agree on both questions
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Well thank you for your help. I wish I could know what it was without testing!