Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Recently I have HAD A BRIEF MOMENT OF AN INABILITY TO SPEAK…

Customer Question
Recently I have HAD...

Recently I have HAD A BRIEF MOMENT OF AN INABILITY TO SPEAK COHERENTLY. iS THIS A PROBLEM?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I will see my cardiologist Tuesday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic, but well controled and I am taking several drugs

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cardiology
8/7/2017
Cardiologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Yes indeed this is a problem.

It could have been a TIA, a mini stroke. I would not and can not recommend waiting for an exam, and ultrasound studies to make sure there is not clotting going in the the neck arteries or the heart.

I would even strongly suggest you go to the ER now and report this episode.

Mini strokes can become full strokes later.

You need to get checked out.

Seizure is another possibility.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.