Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a female 63 years old and had a tingling sensation that…

Customer Question
I am a female...

I am a female 63 years old and had a tingling sensation that was somewhat painful in my upper right chest cleavage area, it is sensitive to the touch as well

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

I am generally healthy have normal ekg, echo, and ultrasound

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Elevated cholesterol

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cardiology
8/1/2017
Cardiologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

When were you last tested for heart?

Does this chest pain increases on exertion like upon walking?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having tingling sensation along with pain in center of chest/cleavage area does not seem to be due to heart disease or anything serious.

The possible causes can be :gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and esophageal spasm,musculoskeletal problems, especially fibromyositis (muscle inflammation) or it can be due to anxiety and panic attacks.

Another possibility is of nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,

-Upper endoscopy

-Other blood tests

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh