Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other
Experience:  I am resident cardiologist and have 03 years experience of working in all the domains of cardiology
23101880

I complain about burnin pain in my chest. The first symptoms

Customer Question

I complain about burnin pain in my chest. The first symptoms i noticed after first time I was taken to hospital becoue duo to very high BP,numbness in my legs arms face my vision wasn't clearance l could not talk. Ambulance took me to hospital wher I was under control ;my left said of face drop Dow but slowly after 9 hours every b
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Last December l'v had angiogram which detecte that I have myocardial bridge in my heart.Firt simtoms I noticed 6 months earlier I was taken to hospital duo to HBP high puls numbness all over my body.Since that moment I have burning pain in my heart numbness in my face lef leg,I get tied very esly
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have myocardial bridge I my hart which was detected las December by angiogram. Firt symptoms (stack I got during rehabilitation program on my left arm). Very HBP, very high puls , numbness around my body blurred vision and difficulty whit talkin. In February I got second incident but was more stronger. That happens during stress test which was taken at Health Sience hospital. Since that incident I have more offen burning pain , mubness and I am very tired. I can not normally fanction bucouse if my heart works harder Right the way I get pain. I can not lif like that. I am on medication such as: Metoprolol 100mg morning,Nitro0,8 for night and for day a spry, sleeping pills, pain killers,. Bisides, I can walk anlly for short distance becouse of pain. This is no life for mi, I vas very active person now am vrek. Please give me som advice if in my situation I need stent or bypass because pills do not help me so far, I am very scared. Please help me
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Saleem replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

I am sorry to hear about that. Well if the myocardial bridge is causing you symptoms especially during stress or time of activity then surgical correction with myotomy or bypass is the way to go.

It depends on the exact extent of bridge and severity of your symptoms depending on which your doctor will decide which approach is the best for you. Patency of other coronary arteries is also important to see .

Myotomy involves resection of the overlying heartwall compressing your arteries ( the bridge).

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any further queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing

Please let me know if you have any further queries on this.

I hope you are doing great. Please take some time out to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars. Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind regards.

Dr Saleem.