DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Classical homeopath also board certified in integrative and holistic medicine. Many years of practice, also all of medicine.
24257177

My blood pressure, now, is 142/89. Should I be concerned?

Customer Question

JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: This is higher than usual., Thursday was 130/70 (9:45 am) Tuesday 130/69b (11 am) Last Monday 135/63 (7 AM)
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Most pre-dominant is narcolepsy which influences almost every area of my life.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

That is not a particularly high blood pressure.

Not even truly into the hypertensive range.

You need to talk to your doctor, but typically your doctor will have you keep a log.

If the average is over 140/90 then there is a concern for developing hypertension.

Talk with your physician.

Ok, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.