Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Does cosopt pf interdict with coumadin, diltiazem or

digoxin ?...
Does cosopt pf interdict with coumadin, diltiazem or digoxin ?
6/12/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, there are serious interactions with both digoxin and diltiazem

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the interaction? Will it increase my blood pressure? Will it slow down my heart rate more so? How does it affect these meds?

They increase the toxicity of each other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cosopt pf are eye drops for glaucoma , that I use twice a day. WHAT do means by increase TOXICITY?

It increases the potential toxicity of digoxin and diltiazem

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does cosopt and alphagan p do the same interaction with dioxin and diliazem? cosopt was to replace alghagan.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does cosopt and alphagan p have the same interaction with digoxin and diltiazem? I am about to change eye drops and am concern. Presently I am taking alphagan p.
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Your expert has opted out. What is your concern?