Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

Realistically how much improvement can one expect to see

Customer Question

Realistically how much improvement can one expect to see when their heart function was down only 15% per the ECHO. This was from alcohol, diet pills, stimulant drinks, high sodium diet, stress, anxiety & depression. Is there any chance of it improving to a normal level of function of at least 45% with medication & diet? I'm on Coreg, Digoxin, Enstresto, Lasix, Aldactone, plus for the time being Xarelto until my blood clots clear up.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry that you are suffering from mild congestive heart failure. Once all of the "stressors" are removed (alcohol, etc.) and substituted with weight loss, proper diet, blood pressure control, there is a reasonable expectation that your heart can strengthen and return to normal function.

Is that what you wanted to hear, because it is possible, especially at your young age.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

There is no need to open new questions each time. You may pose your thoughts regarding your heart in this thread.