How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 56240
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has heart failure retaining fluid legs ankles and

Customer Question

My husband has heart failure retaining fluid legs ankles and abdomina, coughing alot and up comes white frothy phelm, no energy, very tied and breathless on most activities, should i call ambulance?? Regards Suzanne
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Has had cough for 3 months, memory loss, very slow at doing all things, dizzy, Doc is aware and has ordered angieogram but cant have it until 2nd February, but things are getting much worse, showing signs of stage 3 and some stage 4, was on Lasix but they took him off them as they werent working; very worring time at the moment thankyou
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 8 months ago.

Yes, you should call right now.
He is clearly in heart failure

He needs to go to the hospital right now

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating

I appreciate it.

If you have more questions, just reply