khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

My dr says I don't have heart failure. Even tho I've not

Customer Question

My dr says I don't have heart failure. Even tho I've not used salt for over 30 yrs, i sometimes get it in food, eatingout. So tonight, i'm having breathing trouble again, and this am, had a-fib for the 1st time in many wks. It is about 2am. If i take Lasix now, i'll be up all nt. This breathing comes on when i have to strain withoccas constpation. I'm on 300 mg Toprol ER day and 8-10 mg day of Xarelto. What can i do to feel better and get a good breath. I get very uncomfortable. We are far from home, in the Caribbean, and some of this may he a bad allergic reaction. Ihave Zyrtec and Benedryl with me. Shoukd I take Lasix? Thank you.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Health is good except fir being 50 lbs overwt. Only health priblems Zi have other than lifelongbreathing and asthma problems are well-controlled afib and allergies. Had no Fib until I went off birth control pills and had altitude sickness at the same time. My Father had evere heart priblems that ultimately killedhim tpdue o hardening of the arteries. I def don't have that, high bp, or anything elsebut swelling recently. Super sensitive o spices, oils, salt. Ate lobster alad for dinner.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: This mess happened today after flying 2 flights Fri. Had to wait at airport. So maybe attrib. to travel. I'm very proactive to this swelling, and have been taking Lasix 4 or 5 days except for Fri. I have a escue inhaler, Symbicort, to take. No all nt pharmacy or doc here. I can call home to Walgreen's for. Pharmacist. I was told take Zyrtec instrad of Zbenedryl anymore by my dr.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

You should take symbicort and zyrtec & Benadryl. There are some good university hospitals in Caribbean. If they don't help, you should call ambulance and go to the ER.