Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I have this nagging back pain got a few years now started

Customer Question

I have this nagging back pain got a few years now started out small now it feels as if it grew , it's in my upper right back like middle trapezius area , I went to doctor when it first presented itself and he said muscle knot , now it feels as if it grew in size is this possible ? Feels like it very deep inside my body like internal not muscular or musculoskeletal when I take a deep breath in or mine in certain Ways , the annoying pain becomes more pronounced I am a long time smoker 20 years probably 30 pack years
I also have these strange headaches temples and forehead but they seem to only come after a night I smoke marijuana right after and the fag after also eventually headache goes away muscle knot or some thing potentially Dreadful ? When it first presented itself I also had my doctor for piece of mind give me send me for chest ct scan all which came back good , as in no tumors or masses found
If it is just a muscle knot trigger point how can I release it and what will it feel like when it releases like how will I know
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Headache breathlessness but that's it and the pains in my back but other then that i feel pretty good
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My question is this muscle knots are due to stress then removing the muscle knots would mean needed to remove the stress right or wrong life stressors things I can't even pin point in sure made me all tight in the back possible ? I had acupuncture and cupping done yesterday but I feel just as tight as before then like I had a little while of not feeling right but eventually it went away and right back to tight and todo cultus amount of muscle knots in my back again I have tons u can feel them when therapist was working my back
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 11 months ago.

Have you tried any kind of exercises for these muscle issues?