Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I've been using the nitro patch and when I took it off I had

Customer Question

Hi I've been using the nitro patch and when I took it off I had blood spots from under it and my upper arm seems a little tender and hard. I have vasospastic angina and slow flow, I am 30 and female
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Nitro Patch. Irritation from the nitro patch is a common side effect and in your case it is causing some bleeding under the skin (the spots). Discuss changing the brand of patch with your doctor which may help. You should also discuss oral medication instead of the patch. You would need to take it more frequently, but you wouldn't get this side effect.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you