Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

I had a calcium screening test in July. The result was a 90

Customer Question
I had a calcium screening...
I had a calcium screening test in July. The result was a 90 percent blockage
in some part. I don't know where. My internist was concerned and sent me to
a cardiologist. He did an echocardiogram and a non walking stress test.
The result was good. I passed the test. Should I get a second opinion?
Should I be concerned? I have no symptoms. I take a station for cholesterol
And 2 drugs for for blood pressure. My blood pressure is never over 160/86
Without drugs and 130/80 with drugs (usually lower). The cardiologist
said I didn't need to return for a year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cardiology
9/16/2016
Cardiologist: abray1115, Physician replied 1 year ago
abray1115
abray1115, Physician

Hello!

Yes I agree that the results seem in conflict from your report

I think it would be wise to get copies of your cardiac CT and the stress echo and have 2nd opinion from cardilogist

It may be that a result was misinterpreted ...

The calcium score may have been high but perhaps not a 90 percent blockage

A 90 percent blockage of a major for primary artery would call for a catheterization...

So I agree an independent review of your test results would be best for you

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

abray1115
abray1115
abray1115, Physician