abray1115
abray1115, Physician
Experience:  Primary care with particular interest in cardiology problems and prevention. Work closely with cardiologist colleagues.
13781349

I am having from time to time sharp chest pain on my left

Customer Question

I am having from time to time sharp chest pain on my left side but it only last a 5-15 min at a time. During that time i can breathe just find just not bend down or take deep breath. Trying to figure out what is going on since the last time this happened the hospital was unable to find anything wrong
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: yes i have dealt with it before and no one has ever figured anything out. no shortness of breath just can't inhale deeply
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  abray1115 replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It sounds that you may have a case of costochondritis as a possible cause ..this is inflammation of a segment of cartilage to the side of the sternum ..between sternum and rib...

This may often be caused by a virus that may settle in cartilage tissue..

This problem can be positional...

Ask your doctor about this possibility ...

It may benefit for you to take an anti-inflammatory medicine such as ALEVE with food twice a day

I hope this information is helpful for you

Let me know If you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD