Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I just ate and got up and had the worse cramp from my upper

Customer Question

I just ate and got up and had the worse cramp from my upper stomach to bottom all over the front sideofmy body..never experienced such sharp cramping. I just laid down and the pain is better but my stomach is making gurgling sounds, bubbles, not only can I hear a concert going on of bubbles and gurgling but I can feel them. When I get up I get the cramping again. I heard that women get hear tattacka s symptoms of stomach pain so I am worried if this is that or something stomach. I burped once and passed little gas but still going on. Concertstill going all over on sides middle on top..hearing bubbles gurglin g everywhere.. when i pushed down first it hurt now when i push down onstomach not as sensitive.. whats happening
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This sounds like a a gastroenteritis attack in the making however, a cardiac event should always be ruled out with pain in the epigastrium which is the area just under the sternum. So, getting an ECG done just to rule out a cardiac event is prudent. If it is not that, all the other things are treated efficiently.Let me know if you have any concerns or queries.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the pain was not under the sterum but just right below and all over the belly....Now it has gone away mostly and left with lil gas..the noise has settled down too in the stomach...... so you think its more stomach right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
more like in this area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pain is gone now.... So what do you think?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.Relieved to know.Essentially, you can divide the abdomen in to three segments from top to bottom. The upper third pain corresponds to foregut, the pain around the belly button corresponds to mid gut and the pain below the belly button is the area of the hind gut.The area you have marked is the area of the fore gut, that means the stomach and the start of the small intestines.An ant acid and low fiber diet consisting of bread, tea, rice, applesauce, refined cereals etc should give the gut adequate rest.If you experience nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, then you should visit your doctor.Let me know if you have any concerns or queries.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you dont think its a heart attack based on what I sent and descrived? I am also very anxious so that is why my questiosns
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Well, no - heart attacks are not so shy in presentation and the pain typically is not where you specify. Your symptoms are more conducive of stomach and small intestine cramps due to something you ate that your gut does not agree with.Let me know if you have any concerns or queries.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does it mean not shy in presentation... Thank you for your patience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had just eaten 2 small porkchops and one hard boil egg
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Means that the pain would be increasing in intensity and not getting better, there would be shortness of breath, cold sweats, nausea, dizziness etc with a heart attack.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just had diarrhea... not related to heart right..i know you said other symptoms..I dont have hte pain anymore just went to bathroom
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that was probably why this was happening. The bowel was irritated because of the food you had.Its not related to the heart.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.