Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

I had the mapping of an ablation done on the 8th of March

Customer Question
done by Dr. Samuel Johnston...
I had the mapping of an ablation done on the 8th of March done by Dr. Samuel Johnston at Covenant Hospital in Waterloo, Iowa. Doctor had only mqpped out areas needing to be but said he could not continue because he did not have the appropriate (fish hook) appearing apparatus needed to complete the burning portion of the ablation. He supposedly set me up to have this ablation completed at Mayo Clinic at a later date. We were contacted and given a date of 6-6-16 to go to Mayo and receive a heart monitor to wear for 2 days prior to continuing. Our Dr. Johnston felt that was too long considering my condition so he had me start wearing a Zoll life vest that was to protect me from a heart attack until I could either get a Pacemaker installed or have the ablation completed. I wore the vest from 3-10-16 to 4-7-16, the same day Dr. Johnston implanted the pacemaker/defibrillator in Waterloo, Iowa. I am simply writing to see if I am currently on your schedule to receive the rest of the ablation. My insurance is still Medicare with Blue Cross & Blue Shield for the secondary insurance.
Gary Mangel
4555 west 4th. St.
ref# *****
Waterloo, Iowa 50701
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cardiology
4/14/2016
Cardiologist: Dr. David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

thanks for your question to JustAnswers.

we are not MayoClinic here.

which Mayo Clinic did you get scheduled for the heart ablation procedure? the one in Rochester, MN? there are 3 Mayo Clinic centers in the USA.

I am glad you are wearing the Zoll life vest.

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor