Dr SH
Dr SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My heart has been beating fast everyday. I am going through

Customer Question

My heart has been beating fast everyday. I am going through a tough time with insomnia, depression and anxiety. Should I be worried about my heart beating so fast? I especially notice it when laying in bed and my chest is beginning to hurt. I feel like I'm living a nightmare.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.

Have you been seen for this?

Any tests done?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the ER last week when I couldn't sleep. Then I saw my psychiatrist and he prescribed me trazodone, lexapro and klonopin. I've been taking all of these for a week. 10mg lexapro, .5mg klonopin, 100mg trazodone at night. I've been sleeping but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and my heart starts beating faster. I also wake up with a fast beating heart. When I went to ER, they said my vitals were fine. I've been on lexapro before, but now I'm taking it again because depression suddenly came back. Should I go to the doctor again? I'm concerned, my heart hurts
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.

Have you had your thyroid tested recently or in the past?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I've never had it tested
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.

It is a simple blood test.

The test that is commonly done is called as TSH.

I would strongly recommend that you have that done as that can cause increased heart rate and palpitations.

I am sure that it is not a problem related to your heart as you have been evaluated previously for that.

I do not think that there is much need for concern.

I think that it is your anxiety that is getting the better of you as far as I am concerned.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards