Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I am curious about something... My dr just increased my

Customer Question
Lisinopril to 20mg a few...
I am curious about something... My dr just increased my Lisinopril to 20mg a few days ago. I take it around 10:30pm. I've been monitoring my bp at home since the increase. I've noticed in the morning my bp is around 117/73. Midday usually 130/80 and then by evening it's 140/86ish. Is this bad? Should I talk to my dr about an additional increase? Or is this normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/27/2016
Cardiologist: dr abid, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician

Hi

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ..

Dose shouldn't be increased , what you have to do is just to take 10 mg at morning and 10 mg at evening , this will work more efficiently .

Mild fluctuations that you have in BP will be ok with this schedule .

Regards .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

can you advise on how to make the switch? I took 20mg at 10pm tonight. Wouldn't it be too soon to take 10mg in the morning again to start the twice a day thing you advised? Also, just to make sure... I was on 10mg once a day and my bp was still 150/92 ish, so splittling into two 10mg doses will be ok?

Yes splitting in to two doses would be ideal for you .

For next dose divide in to two doses .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

even though I took 20 mg tonight it's safe to take 10mg 12 hours later?

Yes , you can take it , because maximum dose is 40 mg in 24 hour , you can take it .

Regards .

Also, 130/82 3 hours after taking 20mg is ok?

Yes please you can .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

dr abid
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician