Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

In 2007 I was diagnosed with severe dilated cardiomyopathy…

Customer Question
In 2007 I was diagnosed...
In 2007 I was diagnosed with severe dilated cardiomyopathy EF 10% and spent 2 months in hospital. . I am now much better and have an ejection fraction of 60%. I still have a chest pain for several hours after too much exertion and still get breathless climbing hills. My new doctor has now said I am perfectly well because of my heart pumping well. But I still have cardiomyopathy and take ramapril 10mg and bisoporal 5mg. It is good to be well, but a solicitor has asked for proof of my illness and my prognosis. My doctor will not write and just says I am well now. I am confused. It has also taken over 8 years to get me on a cardiac rehab programme, which I started yesterday. Please could you tell me what my prognosis is.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/24/2016
Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

I agree you are well. It sounds like you are doing much better

You have no limits on activities at this point

Cardiologist: Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr .Saeed ahmed

Thank you for your question, DCMP or dilated cardiomyopathies are most likely viral in origin and can take few year to recover. IF your heart size is normal now, on echocardiogram if the diastolic dimensions are less than 55mm then this is a good prognostic signs and means that you have excellent chances of getting or living a normal life onwards. Let me know if you have questions, I am assistant professor in cardiology and can help you with all cardiac questions. Thank you.