Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

I have been having pain in my left hand mostly in the thumb

Customer Question
I thought it was from...
I have been having pain in my left hand mostly in the thumb I thought it was from an injury ex-ray saw no problems. pain comes and goes bp no problem. Now I have pain in the left hand. Sometimes across the back ,shoulder down to the hand.Pain comes and goes .I feel like I have to catch my breath a lot resting or doing things , nauseated at times left hand pain woke me up and bp is 167/77 hrt rate 72. I have been sweating a lot lately and kid,s have noticed a difference in behavior. What to do What to do ?Oh yes I have had a stent in place since about ten years .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cardiology
2/21/2016
Cardiologist: Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr .Saeed ahmed

Thank you for your question, this can be angina based on your history of stents and presence of shortness of breath.. You need a stress test, which can be exercise or dobutamine stress test to see if this is angina.. You should also control your blood pressure best medicine is ramipril 5mg as starting dose. High blood pressure is top risk factor for angina and heart problems. First you need ECG and stress tests, you should be taking aspirin, ramipril, statins and nitrates for your blood pressure and angina.Let me know if you have questions. Thank you... I am assistant professor of cardiology and can help you with further questions.

Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor