Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a history of DVT and went to a new Vascular Surgeon…

Customer Question
I have a history of...
I have a history of DVT and went to a new Vascular Surgeon in the area I just moved to in order to get my deep and superficial veins checked. This doctor did an ultrasound but pressed down way harder and for repeated times in the same spots than I've ever had anyone do in the past. I looked him upafterwards and it looks like he's kind of a sketchy doctor. Is there any damage he could've done with ultrasound? Could he cause a clot?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cardiology
1/26/2016
Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question.

I'm Dr. Phil and I'm happy to help.

I'm sorry this happened

It is very unlikely to cause a clot in this scenario

You would need pressure consistently for a long time

How long is a long time?

like 30-60 minutes

30 minutes to one spot? Should I get checked somewhere? What signs should I watch for?

Yes, 30 min in one spot

I would not get checked unless you get symptoms

1)pain

2)swelling

3)redness

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

If you have more questions, just reply

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor