Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have suit filed against a cardiologist for not

Customer Question
Hi doc, I have...

Hi doc, I have suit filed against a cardiologist for not administering Sotalol in a hospital -monitored setting. My client went into cardiac arrest as a result. I'm looking for a cardiologist to review and testify.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She was receiving Sotalol for A-fib.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cardiology
1/26/2016
Cardiologist: Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr .Saeed ahmed

Hello, thank you for your question, It is true that sotalol should be started in the hospital and till heart rate and blood pressure are adjusted with a particular dose of sotalol this medicine is not given as a home treatment without first observing the effects for 48-72 hours. Unfortunately On this website we cannot testify as this website is only for educational purpose, for patients who want to understand their disease or want to get a second opinion, let me know if i can provide help in this regard. Thank you.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-sotalol/page2_em.htm

Above is a link for precaution for sotalol, read under the heading how should i take sotalol which clearly mentions that it should be started in the hospital. Let me know if you have questions, thank you. Do rate as positive, thank you.