How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 55778
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had blood tests for various issues -including a

Customer Question

I had blood tests for various issues -including a possibility of blood clot. I'm not showing any outward signs, am 50 years old but have several risk factors. My D Dimer came back at 930.0 ng/ml. I called cardiologist and he said not to worry, it wasn't that high and could be other things. I will see him on Monday. I researched it on the internet and it looks like anything over 500 ng/ml is high. Do I need to go to an ER?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you do.

You need a CAT scan.

Anything over 500 needs a CAT scan

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. If you have more questions, just reply :)