Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I think I am having a vascular issue. I have what appears to

Customer Question

I think I am having a vascular issue. I have what appears to be a superficial blood clot of some sort on the back of my right calf. It has produced a nasty purple/black bruise and had a lump I can no longer feel. I have had it for 1 1/2 weeks. It had made
two veins very visible that it is over and now has petechae around, all below it. That foot has periodic swelling with reddish discoloration. I have had bruises appear over server veins on my forearm. And Also I have had the sudden (within 1 week) appearance
of literally hundreds of spider veins on my legs. I am only 25. I can provide pictures if it will help you. Thank you.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question, I can see there are prominent veins. This can be a clot. You need to see your doctor and Doppler scan of these veins needs to be done to make sure it is clot or not.

Doppler scan is simple ultrasound test which is non invasive and can be easily done.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I agree I probably need an ultrasound. Do you have any idea what sort of condition could cause all of these issues to occur suddenly? (Clot, petechae, and vein bruises)

most common is clot and inflammation of the vein.