Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

My daughter is six years old and has been experiencing heart

Customer Question
palpitations. It seems to...
My daughter is six years old and has been experiencing heart palpitations. It seems to have started in the last few weeks but appears to be a little more frequent now. They seem to last a minute or two according to my wife. She is otherwise healthy and is an active child. She said once that sometimes when she has them she has to sit but has not really had too strong a reaction yet. What could be causing this, no worried should I be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cardiology
8/14/2015
Cardiologist: Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr .Saeed ahmed

Thank you for your question, this can be due to fast abnormal heart rate which needs to be checked with help of simple test like ECG, if she has symptoms of dizziness, blackout and fatigue then she should be taken to emergency department right away.

Let me know if you have question, Thank you.

When she was in the womb we had complications and a fetal heart specialist examined her, everything seemed normal, since then she has been okay in her physicals. Could physical abnormalities develop in spite of this? Is this a sign of heart failure or enlargement?

Thank you for your reply, if this problem is due to fast heart rate then yes it can lead to low blood flow to the vital organs and can lead to their damage.

Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor