Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Ok, this started 2 years ago. I got home from work one day

Customer Question

Ok, this started 2 years ago. I got home from work one day and sat at my work bench and all the sudden the vision in my right eye went blurry and lasted about 10 min. That Saturday evening I went to bed and after awhile my chest tightened up and my left
arm hurt. We went to the ER and they checked me and said I hadn't had a Heart Attack. After a few months I had another episode where it felt like a burst of electricity on the left side of my face and it traveled down my body on my left side. I've had an CT
scan done on my head and it was normal. I had an ultra sound done on my neck and all the arteries were clean. They did a cardio stress test and I checked out ok. I then had an MRI done on my upper back and there was mild arthritis. My Dr then sent me to a
Nuerologist and they did some tests in office and didn't think I had MS. I also went back to my Dr because I had a pain in my stomach that lasted 2 days and he checked for a hernia but nothing. So I've let it just ride.........and now I'm experiencing some
pains in my chest but after I sleep it goes away. I have been wearing a FitBit and have noticed that when I do have an episode that my Heart Rate will go from 80 to 170 for about 10 seconds. All the blood work they did came back normal. No diabetes I'm 42,
stopped smoking 2 years ago when this all started. Drink beer acasionslly........6' tall and weigh 204
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

Did you have a holter monitor done at any point?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No

That is a critical test that needs to be done to rule out heart arrhythmia

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hmmmmm. It comes and goes. I'll feel fine for a few months and then I'll have an episode and will feel like crap for a few days. My Dr has never sent me to a cardiologist.

You don't need to see a cardiologist for that test