Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  Physician with 30 years of experience.
54412793

My period is 2 weeks late. I asked a question a few

Customer Question

Hello! my period is 2 weeks late. I asked a question a few days ago hoping to relieve some stress, which I did! but my period is still not coming. I had unprotected sex twice in the course of 2 days and he did ejaculate in me, I took plan b for both times
and it happened to be the day before and the day of my period when it was supposed to start. I took a pregnancy test 9 days late and it came out negative. my breasts are still aching I get random period-like cramps and now I'm feeling bloated more than I was
before. I'm freaked out still because I'm not used for it to be this late.. I'm scared I'm pregnant but don't see how I could be. is there any pills I can take that could enhance my period.. not subscribed by my doctor ?? please help!
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. I can help you today.
It's very common to have a late period after taking Plan B. If you've taken a home pregnancy test and it's been more than 14 days since the unprotected sex, then you're not pregnant. And it's probably the Plan B causing the late period.
If the home urine pregnancy test is negative, the best thing is to do nothing. The period will usually go back to normal within 2 months.
If still not back to regular after 2 months, it's time to get help with your doctor.
I hope this has been reassuring and helpful.