Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I gotta bleed the brakes on my car and it’s very rusty so…

Hi I gotta bleed the...
Hi I gotta bleed the brakes on my car and it’s very rusty so I’m pretty sure that the bleeding screws will brake off when trying to loosen them. Is there a way to bleed the brakes from the master cylinder? Maybe with some special attachment.
3/8/2022
Auto Mechanic: Dimitri A,
 replied 8 months ago
Dimitri A

Hello, thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your vehicle. You may be automatically offered premium service or a phone call. You can ignore this unless you are in need of it. It can take me a few moments to respond as I may be typing or looking up service information. Unfortunately there is no way to properly bleed the air out of the system from the master cylinder alone. The air gets trapped inside the calipers/wheel cylinders, and that is the only place you can get it out from. If your bleeding screws break, you will be looking at having to get new calipers/wheel cylinders. Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you about this problem. 

Ok thank you. That’s all I needed to know
Auto Mechanic: Dimitri A,
 replied 8 months ago

You're welcome! Thank you for using Just Answer. If you have any future questions, feel free to message me. Have a great day!

Dimitri A