Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My car stays between 2 and 2.5 rpm’s is that good or bad.

My car stays between...

My car stays between 2 and 2.5 rpm’s is that good or bad. Even when going over 50 and 60 mph

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2016 Ford Focus Se

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2016 Ford Focus?

117,234

2/16/2022
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago
John Bump
Hi this is John with Just Answer. I am here to help.
Hi
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

May I ask your first name?

Gabriella babut
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

Hi Gabriella, Its nice to meet you. How long has this RPM issue been going on?

Just started todayIs it something to be concerned about
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

Does the engine sound different?

The engine sounds good. It's brand new and just got my oil changedNothere is transmission fluid cause they checked it and they said it's good
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

If the car is in park and you rev up the motor do the RPM respond normally?

It makes a loud rev noiseWhen I do it in parkit never use to do that
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

yes but does the RPM gauge read the rpm past the 2500 RPM you see while driving?

When it's in park does it read past the 2500 rpm when rev it in parkIs that what u mean
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

Yes that is what I mean. Thank you. Give me a moment while I look something up.

Cause it reads past 2500 rpm when I rev it while in parkOk
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

Yes it sounds like everything is fine with your vehicle. Did it use to run differently?

No
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you have any further questions regarding this issue?

No I do not
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago

Well Gabriella, I hope you have a wonderful day! Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

John -

John Bump
Ok
Auto Mechanic: John Bump,
 replied 5 months ago
Great!
What