Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Faniel.how are you? I got the book and the tester.i have now…

Hi Faniel.how are you? I...
Hi Faniel.how are you? I got the book and the tester.i have now 24 and 31 Error.where shell i start? Can i check the TPS sensor from the diagnostic box?
2/15/2022
Auto Mechanic: Daniel Lehrman, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel Lehrman
Daniel Lehrman, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** glad you've come here and allowed us at Just Answer to assist you. I need a minute to respond as I'm typing. May I get the first name of the person I am helping?

hi its Dovi

Good day, Dovi.Thanks for requesting JustAnswer and me (again) to solve your problem. I can offer Expert repair assistance and information or Expert guidance if you're taking it to a professional.

Would you kindly refresh my memory about the type of vehicle you have and the issue (in brief)? 

I want to clarify your problem: I know what book you got and what tester. Do you have errors 24 and 31 now? 

Thank you for answering my questions

If I don't respond immediately, I'm reviewing your question or typing an answer. Please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail-you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your issue. Also, I will probably ask additional questions to improve the focus on my solution. If you are a mechanic, please say so. Thank you. Danny L ASE

i chsnged thr transmission and seems that i have limp mode.could it be related to 31 and 24 cods? 4runner 1994 3vze AT
just got a TPS sensor as well...

Thank you for the refresher and information, Dovi; I remember you. From Israel? Remember, my cousin lives in Israel? I have to be away from my computer for a few hours today (I have a non-emergency Drs appt). I didn't want you to think I abandoned you. 

When I return home, I'll get working on your limp mode problem and codes 24 and 31. If you think of anything else I should know, please do. Otherwise, I will get going on a solution when I get home.

Thank you for understanding and requesting me. We will get this solved, Danny.

Thanks.

Good morning Dovi. I appreciate your patience. Shortly I will begin my research and provide some information. I just wanted you to know I'm awake and at work.

Thanks for your patience... I will talk to you soon.

Danny

Greetings Dovi, I believe you are in the limp mode because the combination of codes 24 and 31 is familiar and causes a loss of engine power, thus limp mode. Our previous stream is missing, so I don't have the information we exchanged last time available to me. Please let me know if I have covered any of this stuff before.

Did I provide you with my guide on voltage drop, continuity, and load? I'll leave it below, so you have it.

• Use your new tool (Load Pro) and examine the wires from the MAF and IAT. Locate the MAP (manifold air pressure sensor: code 31) and IAT (inlet air temperature sensor: code 24) connections. (diagnostic codes 24,31 pdf.).

• Disconnect and reconnect each sensor two or three times and check that the connecting socket and pins are clean and free of corrosion - the codes indicate intermittent breaks. Check all fuses. If I didn't mention this before, clean each connector with an electronic cleaner and seal it with dielectric grease.

A schematic of the MAF/IAT to ECU circuit is included to begin the testing process. And two files specific to codes 24 and 31 for your review. Once we get on the same page again, this will be easier. Continuity, voltage, current/load draw, resistance test procedures are necessary to confirm the integrity of a wiring system.

Guide: Voltage drop/load is measured by reading across the load. You can only test voltage drop or current load if the electrical system is hooked up and turned on. A digital voltmeter can't detect high resistance or voltage drop (Load). If you cut a ten-strand wire in half, it will show 12 volts but only carry half the current draw.

Continuity and voltage check okay, but load drops voltage when a load is applied because the wire is compromised—the single most confusing and misdiagnosed electrical procedure. Put the Load Pro test tool on one end of the highlighted wire and the ground on the other end of the highlighted wire: press the load test button on the load tool: if the voltage drops more than 1 volt, examine the wire. The voltage should be 12.7 volts.

Your electrical system must be hooked up, intact, and on to test load.

Thank you, Dovi; please let me know where we stand as of now regarding your repair. I don't remember everything we discussed. I'll adjust my writings if I'm incorrect.

Thanks for your patience, Danny

waiting.thanksTo refresh your memory...After replacing AC comoressor i started to have issues with Transmission.started to slipper till a point that car could not move.
changed the transmission from driving car,and have the same story.now getting those error coded.i believe that yhe issue is elrectric\ electronic.therefore you suggrsted to get the loadpro and the booklet which i did...

Thank you, ***** ***** thought that was the case. Do you feel comfortable using your new tool? Would you please check the wires in the pdf: diagnostic codes 24_31? Let's establish the connections and wires first. Codes 24 and 31 will cause limp mode. Limp mode manifests as a transmission issue. That said, limp mode means there is something wrong-not necessarily the transmission.

One step at a time. I'm locating a chassis/engine performance/power management diagram as an aid once you establish the connections mentioned above.

Thank you for cooperating, Danny

I will be able to do it Sunday as i am away fot few days

That's fine, Dovi. I'm locating the documents I said I would. This link remains active for about six more days. I'm going to contact you once a day, so the link stays active. When I get you, I will provide more information each time.

Enjoy your trip.

We will talk later.

Thank you, Danny

thank you
good morning .Could it be an issue of ECU?if yes,can it be reprogrammed?

Hi Dovi, the ECU is something to consider, of course. Reprogramming is an option. Before I did any reprogramming I would do a pinout test on the ECM to make sure it is functional before having it reprogrammed. 

Does the document I loaded make any sense to you Dovi? Running a continuity and load test on said wires will inform us if your ECM is good. If the ECU is good, reprogramming it is in order.

If you need another ECM, I would locate a good used unit with a warranty. New units cost too much and rebuilt units are scary!

Thank you, Danny

Thank you.did you find the documents for the tests needed?
Auto Mechanic: Daniel Lehrman, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago

Greetings Dovi, I'm loading two pdfs on codes 24 and 31. These are the documents I would use to ensure the wires are not compromised and evaluate your ECU. Please understand and use your Load Pro and voltmeter to measure the voltage, load, and resistance between the pin connector and ECU.

Follow the procedures listed in each document and establish the values of each pin in the connectors going to the ECU. I put a black mark next to the tests you need to perform. This is not easy or fun work, generally. 

If your values do not meet the values on the diagnostic documents, please report them to me to interpret them and advise you. Otherwise, there is still a component not responding correctly. Take your time to understand the drawings and then perform the tests. Don't rush.

Thank you, ***** *****

Good day, Dovi. I'm checking as a matter of importance. I've provided several specific answers to your question based on the information furnished. I'm not abandoning you. This thread remains open for a few more days. You should be able to make your repairs or make a good decision with the above guides. Either way, you are better educated to make a solid decision and make the required repairs. 

It has been my pleasure assisting you; I hope I have given a satisfactory answer. If any of my solutions is unclear, please let me know. My goal is to deliver top-notch service; please let me know if you need further assistance. I invite you to ask me any follow-up questions. Thank you for using JustAnswer and me.

You can request me by adding me to your favorites. You can also go to JustAnswer.com then type or copy and paste "For Danny L ASE ONLY" at the beginning of your question.

Daniel Lehrman
will do thanks