Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

We went auto zone to change the fuse and now all the lights…

Customer Question
We went auto zone...

We went auto zone to change the fuse and now all the lights is on on the dashboard and i could barley turn the wheel like it’s locked

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your dash lights? Do they flicker at all?

Everything’s came on today soon as we change the fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2011 Mazda3 I

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The fuse went out for the a/c radio and we went get it change and it blow out again and wen we start it up everything comes on like the brake light on the tire pressure the engine light and the wheel locked up

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
10/24/2021
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. I’m really sorry that you’re having this issue and I’m going to help you through it, but please understand that I (respectfully) don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us to diagnose/repair your vehicle. Also, understand that I can't see, smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience/understanding is appreciated. Please allow me up to 10 minutes to gather schematics and other pertinent information for this issue. I do not know anything about the fees or charge so please if you have any concerns, direct them to customer service. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. The site will automatically ask you for a phone call. you may accept the offer but just to let you know, I do not take phone calls, but another expert has the option of accepting it. Thank you.

Is it a fuse in the engine compartment?

?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was the radio the a/c and the doors light went out 15a #12

Ok. Please standby. I have to look at some schematics.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i could barely turn the wheel

Push-button start or key start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but all that shouldn't b on bc everything was working until they told us to go up to 20 instead of 15akey start

NEVER go up in amperage. You probably fried the computer.

What is the fuse labeled as?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
omg auto zone told us we could and they the ones put it in there and soon as we left it went out again and i took it and i tried to leave to go back to them and that's when i realize everything came on and the wheel was lockedROOM
15a
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
soo what do i have to get fixed

The body control module will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay and that's the problem to fix all of that and just tell the mechanic i need my body control module fixed

Yes. It needs to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
body control module fuse mazda 3i 2011

NO

Not the fuse. The Body Control Module itself.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay thank you

You are very welcome. Please stay well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will same too you

Thank you.