Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Jus bought new car found out later it failed mot for major…

Customer Question
Jus bought new car...

Jus bought new car found out later it failed mot for major coil spring damage to rear and I was coming round a bend and hit well scrapped all the side of the car could that happen if the coil spring wasn’t fixed in the mot properly

Mechanic's Assistant: When did the damage occur? Are you planning on fixing the damage yourself?

The insurance company are acting weird and offering me a sum to fix it and keep it or let them take it and savage it

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

Citroen ds3 61 plate 73000 perfect condition

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2021
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Pete. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My name is tanya

Hello Tanya. Nice to hear from you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating.

Did the wheels scrape the fenders around the corner or did you hit something that caused the damage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry can not do a phone call right now

I apologize for the call request. That is an automated offer the website offers all customers. We can continue here instead.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The side of the car hit and scrapped a wall

Did the side hit due to loss of control of the vehicle in what felt like a coil spring issue or suspension issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’m not sure I thought it might of been my error until I checked the mot and the way the insurance are acting they only took picture and want to write it off and are offering me way low it’s value but offering a sum 700 lower then to savage it if I wanted to keep it there also only paying out 80 percent as they said I didn’t tell them I had 3 points but I’m sure I did give them this. InformationThere really kean on making a choice and to pay me off

Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation.

Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back!

Thank you for holding Tanya!

It is hard to say from here if any coil damage or issues caused the incident that occurred. The vehicle would need to be inspected fully to see if the coil issue was repaired properly before the incident occurred. If it was not repaired properly then it is possible that it did cause the damage. If this is the case then I recommend speaking with the repair facility that should have performed the coil repair to see if they will help with repair costs.

It is difficult to fight an insurance company on their opinion of the value or totalling out the vehicle. You can request to receive more quotes on the repair to see if the company changes their mind on wanting to salvage the vehicle. But other than this the insurance company usually wins the battle. I wish I had some better news to give you on this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’m having it looked at and I guess if the rear coil is damaged it could have played a part as it was only the front that was hitThank you

You are most welcome!

Glad I could be of some help! I hope everything works out well for you! If there are any additional questions on this issue that should arise, please feel free to reply and ask!

Thank you for choosing Just Answer for your questions. Have a great day!