Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I’m trying to replace the 3rd row seat belt. Xc90. 2007 i…

I’m trying to replace...

I’m trying to replace the 3rd row seat belt

Mechanic's Assistant: The Volvo Mechanic can absolutely help you replace that. Are you fixing the vehicle yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Volvo?

Xc90

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

2007 i have installed the top part it is the base I’m having trouble with

7/11/2021
Auto Mechanic: MatthewD224, Technician replied 1 year ago
MatthewD224
MatthewD224, Technician

Welcome to Just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your issue.

If possible, please provide me with you VIN number and/or (if in UK) Vehicle registration number. Passing me these details really helps to get more vehicle specific information. Once I have this, I will endeavour to work towards a solution for you as quickly as possible.

Fully qualified Volvo main dealer technician with over 25 years’ experience in the motor trade, based in the UK.

I do not offer the premium call service so please ignore the system generated message offering this service.

No worries

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Matt I could seriously kiss you!!Half my seat is pulled out by my ex husband trying to do this job for me over 6 months ago.
I will definitely be trying this tomorrow.
Do I need a specific tool, Or just something similar to release the mechanism?
Just something similar, it doesn’t need much pressure it just seems like it should be harder than it is as it is holding the seatbelt in place. The tool they show is one you have to make by bending a screwdriver, but as long as you can get the angle and get behind the tab a normal screwdriver should be fine.
MatthewD224
MatthewD224, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All fixed
Thank you so much!!