Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I went to have my Santa Fe smog the other day and fail. It…

I went to have...

I went to have my Santa Fe smog the other day and fail. It came up with the codes P2562 ando P2565 , saying tubocharge boost control pressure sensor A circuit hight.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

A circuit hight

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Santa Fe?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wanted to buy the sensor myself do you wHicham one I should get

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

That and how much would it cost if I took it to a shop for repair

4/13/2021
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago
TysonP617

Hello, I'm Tyson with just answer, I’m sorry you’re having trouble. I can assist you today. There may be a slight delay due to site and ignore the just answer call pop ups they have can be confusing and are site generated, if we get to a point we need the live call we can but most prefer to use the site. I will do my best to reach the following goals:

· Find the correct fix

· Save you time and money

· Give great service

· Earn your 5 star rating

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay so you know what my problem is rightHello are you there
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes i'm looking at information. How many miles are on the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Over 58,000A time of testing for smog it was 58,694Did you get that
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you checked with the dealer I know turbo is powertrain and there warranty is 10yr/100k, it may be covered as it usually is the actuator on the turbo.

Yes I was typing out my last response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I got you no I haven't went to the dealership I guess maybe I'll try that huh
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

I would hate for you to replace sensor first then go in to dealer and have them say well someone messed with this it's not warranty now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with this be what they call a campaign partI should probably call them first right then go inThat is to find out if this is actually a part that's under warranty or not
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes, if they have repeated issues but the fact it is well within warranty I've seen dealers not honor it because something was changed outside of there shop.

For sure because in some cases it could be a bad turbo, I don't want to mess up warranty by tell you to change the sensor first. Even if it is the sensor my rule on warranty cars if a all possible keep within their warranty rules until your out of warranty. Even on my own truck I did not touch it until after warranty was out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay then I'm going to contact the one in Ontario and see how much they charge better yet I'll contact the one in San Bernardino is closer and see what they say and I'll get back with you on itOkay thanks for the info and I'll get back with you I'm going to call them in about an hour or so make sure there's somebody in the shop
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Sounds good. s

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I'll get back with you or whoever else picks up the message when I call back in talk with you thenActually this text you back unless you guys are willing to call cuz I don't have your number you have mine
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

It actually on my end comes to my computer. I should be around for the next few hours and off and on later in the evening here(i'm on central time)

TysonP617