Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Im wanting to put LED bulbs. 2013 veloster. I haven't tried…

Im wanting to put...

Im wanting to put LED bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2013 veloster

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Veloster yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet I don't know what to get

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I just want a brighter headlight and I don't know what to get

4/2/2021
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago
TysonP617

Hello, I'm Tyson with just answer, I’m sorry you’re having trouble. I can assist you today. There may be a slight delay due to site and ignore the just answer call pop ups they have can be confusing and are site generated, if we get to a point we need the live call we can but most prefer to use the site. I will do my best to reach the following goals:

· Find the correct fix

· Save you time and money

· Give great service

· Earn your 5 star rating

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awesome
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Are your current headlights projector style or normal? that model had both.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are normalI cant afford the callCan I put LED bulbs in my headlights
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

So it looks like the 16000LM from auxito below is your best bet.

https://auxito.com/pages/search-result?q=2013_Hyundai_Veloster_wo%2Fprojector-type%20headlamps_Low%20Beam

Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

I run sealight 14000LM but i don't see them on amazon in H7. But auxito is a good brand there are a ton of options on amazon as well. Lumens is the number you want to pay attention too.

Companies like auxito leave vehicles blank if it doesn't accept their bulbs.

In your case they have caps on the rear. I leave those off in applications of LED's where there are caps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will they fit my particular headlights
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Did you open the auxito site i sent you?

Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Did it open directly to the model and without projector low beam bulbs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That im not sure of
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

So if you put your vehicle info in and under location select low beam it shows H7 bulb as it would fit, or they would have very unhappy customers, in contrast if you put in a 2013 escalade there are no headlight options because they don't make anything to fit an escalade.

As long as you have no projector your's is H7

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any of the Auxito that's on that link will work?
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

Only decision you would have to make is if your ok with the dust cap being off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. They look like a pain in the a** to install. I just tried to take one out
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

https://sparktecmotorsports.com/i-30530739-spec-d-tuning-2012-2015-hyundai-veloster-sequential-drl-led-black-projector-headlights.html

You may look into housings also aftermarket.

Yea most are a pain. My silverado i just take housing out to avoid an afternoon of bad mouthing it lol

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You take out the entire headlight?Do you take your entire headlight out
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

On my truck yes, in alot of cases it's just easier that way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

The bulb cavity is sealed by gasket on bulb so I don't believe dust cover off would be an issue. Only time i've seen it be an issue is the c6 corvette because it's projector and the empty space in front of projector is what dust cover protects.

TysonP617
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Auto Mechanic: TysonP617,
 replied 1 year ago

You're welcome.