Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

How's it going down in Hawthorne that had the Datsun 510 I'm…

How's it going Brian this...
How's it going Brian this is Pete down in Hawthorne that had the Datsun 510
I'm actually working on my stepson's 2009 Camry and trying to figure out how to get an illustration or a video on how to check the ETCS
I'm getting a code P2118
I did find procedure but it was with a schematic and I'm not too good with a schematic yet
8/19/2020
Auto Mechanic: BRIAN, ASE Master Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
BRIAN
BRIAN, ASE Master Certified Technician

Hi

How is it going Pete? What engine does the Camry have? 2.4L VIN B or E / 3.5 VIN K. Check the 8th digit of the VIN. I will get that for you. I will look and see if the engines do not matter in the mean time.

Here is a link to the trouble shooting guide for the 4cyl and v6. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ptgS_6xovVQgZRO3KS5a_1g9rW_i1n2B?usp=sharing

Looks like the most common fix is replacing the throttle body after trying to clean the throttle plate first.

I would clean the throttle plates and then clear the code see if it come back. If it does diagnose using the chart. Hopefully the cleaning fixes it.

Good luck with the repair and if you need anything else, just let me know!! Great hearing from you again!

BRIAN
BRIAN, ASE Master Certified Technician
Thanks Brian