Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

On my 2000 Buick LeSabre the fuse box under the hood is only…

On my 2000 Buick...

On my 2000 Buick LeSabre the fuse box under the hood is only powering up about half of it my headlights have no power at fuse box my starter realy is not working causing a no crank problem but I can run a jumper wire at the starter realy and get it to crank and finally my fuel pump is not working I can run a jumper wire At the realy and kick on the fuel pump I fuel pump relay is in fuse box under rear seat and it's the only thing not working there

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I have checked all fuses and checked to see where I have power at and changed relays

8/13/2020
Auto Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 2 years ago
R Clark
Hello my name is***** to Just Answer I will be the expert helping you todayDo the fuses you checked have the correct power but you’re not getting the connection or power to relays?
that's right
Auto Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 2 years ago
Unfortunately that means that your fuse box is bad the box has some built-in connections that run from the fuses to the relays and sometimes the vibrations and age of the fuse box or break those connections.So you will need to replace the fuse box assembly.
Just the under hood box or both
Auto Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 2 years ago
Usually just the one under the hood
Ok that's what I will do then thank you for your help how do I rate you so you get credit ?
Auto Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 2 years ago
Excepting the answer and then they should send you a rating area and then you can mark it five stars
R Clark
Will do have a great evening