Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

One of my wheels lost its fender. Is it ok to drive for a…

One of my wheels lost...
One of my wheels lost its fender. Is it ok to drive for a few days until I get it replaced?
3/21/2020
Auto Mechanic: AMD, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
AMD
AMD, Master Technician

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Car question, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

If you don't mind me asking, Can you clarify more the condition of the wheel.

Do you mean the vehicle lost a fender the part on top of the wheel?

The liner that’s between the wheel and the engine.I’m not sure exactly what it’s called.

Ah the Fender liner. Thank you for clarifying. That part is basically a protectant from moisture and rocks going in. It's not a big issue that you are missing it short term. At your earliest convenience have it replaced. If there are any parts of it still hanging I would secure them with a rope or cut them out as they might contact the tire as you drive and cause noise. If you leave it off long term( 1 year + ) you will potentially damage the wiring going underneath it and accelerate rust issues becuase the fender liner covers the internals of the vehicle. But short term you are good, just check if anything is hanging.

Thank you for choosing Justanswer.com please let me know if you have any other questions.

AMD
AMD, Master Technician