Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Drivers power seat how do I get the switch out and the trim…

Drivers power seat how...

Drivers power seat how do I get the switch out and the trim off from the bottom of the seat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 ford five hundred

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ford Five Hundred yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to get the trim off without breaking it, the seat works sometimes and not all the time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tthink the switch is faulty the seat is six way power and the motors are making a noise clicking and the move

6/4/2019
Auto Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago
Thomas Ragusa

hello, my name is ***** ***** would like to help you out with your car, bare with me one moment while I look into this further

ok Tom I'm johnAll I need is to take the trim off and I can do the rest is there a trick
Auto Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago

looks like there is only a bolt/screw behind the secondary panel that pops off, then the panel should pop out, try getting a screwdriver close to the clips behind the cover so not to brake the plastic cause the clips tend to be very tight in the frame

you do not have to remove the seatbelt anchor, you could just slide the panel up it. this bolt tends to be tight and with lock tight on it

is that the small panel towards the back of the seat and the clips are on the rod behind the panel, i do not want to break this trim panel
Auto Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago

yes the small panel will be removed quite easily, and you should see a screw or bolt behind it. just make sure there are no other screws or bolts directly behind the panel. and the clips to the metal rod, yes those are the ones im talking about

ok I think I got it if I have trouble will call you back thanks
Auto Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago

your welcome, always here to help. if you could leave a positive rating, I would very appreciative. thank you in advance. and good luck fixing your car.

Thomas Ragusa
Hi Thomas I have not completed this project waiting for parts do not want to take the car out of service yet will get back to you
Thanks John
Auto Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago

its ok, Im here to help. just let me know if you have any more questions.