Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I need to change out the right rear "on body" tail light for…

I need to change...

I need to change out the right rear "on body" tail light for my 2004 VW Phaeton - I managed to get a very clean and completely in tact used light assembly so I am trying to avoid taking it to the dealer for the install - any video on it or illustrated shop guide???

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your VW Phaeton. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Nope - I'm pretty handy once i see the operation done myself - should have all the tools i need between myself and my brother - in -law ;-)

10/25/2018
Auto Mechanic: Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
There is a cubby storage that pulls out from the side of the car. That’s where the battery is hidden. Once that cubby is removed you will see the 4 screws holding the light in place. Remove the four screws and the electrical connectors then pull the light out from the outside.
Sounds great! Hopefully I can make time after work to get it done tomorrow afternoon! Any direction on illustrations? Thank you - have an awesome evening...I'm good... cannot address tonight so I will trust the good Lord above to assist with the tools tomorrow ;-)
I think it takes a T25 Torx bit but my memory is a little fuzzy there.
Thanks for the added info... I have a full set of Torx... will update you after completion!
Great!
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Hey Ed, Just completed the replacement on the Phaeton tail light - smooth as silk - Praise the Lord! Thank you for you assistance! Have a great weekend...
Glad it worked out! Thanks for accepting my answer.