Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Enes
Enes
Enes, Volvo Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
I have 03 Volvo xc 70 with 188,000 on it and drove to work
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Hi Pearl. I have 03 Volvo xc 70 with 188,000 on it and drove to work fine went go home and turned over but no start. Had a friend with snap-on scan tool and he said he could not communicate with ecm b… read more
I drove home..i went to leave to go back to work my car wouldnt start
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I drove home from work for lunch fine and when i went to leave to go back to work my car wouldnt start. it was turning over and would start if i pushed the gas but i had to keep the gas pushed a littl… read more
Its not turning over to start. It was working fine drove it
Michael Solis
Michael Solis, auto mechanic
It was working fine drove it tho buys stop came home parked it went out 2 hrs later won't start tried jumping it wont start but all the light's n radio work … read more
I drove home from work fine and then stopped for a minute..wont start
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
i drove home from work fine and then stopped for a minute...turned my car off and now it won't start and the clock says 12:00 even though it is 7:00. it doesn't really make a noise when you try to sta… read more
Drove home..rough..thick gray smoke out the exhaust pipe
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
my car drove home perfectly fine last night. this morning I got in it to go to work and as soon as it started, it began to run very rough and pour thick gray smoke out the exhaust pipe. HELP ! ! ! Wha… read more
pontiac: DROVE..START MY CAR AFTER..NO DASH LIGHTS, NO POWER..ALARM
james
james, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I HAVE A ''99 PONTIAC SUNFIRE. DROVE TO WORK JUST FINE, WENT TO START MY CAR AFTER AN HOUR, AND IT WILL NOT TURN ON. NO POWER TO ANYTHING, NO DASH LIGHTS, NO POWER TO THE STARTER, BUT THE DOOR AJAR AL… read more
Drove..Some times it sounds like it trys to fire but just wont start
DBranch
DBranch, Technician
I have a 1994 discovery. Drove it yesterday came home shut it off went out this morning to go to work and it would not start. It turns over just fine but won't start Some times it sounds like it trys … read more
1993 beretta: I went to work and it started and drove fine
marc C
marc C, Mechanic
Hi i have a 1993 beretta. I went to work and it started and drove fine. I only worked 2 hours. went to leave and my car wouldnt start. The raido tured on but when i went to start it i clicked. so i tr… read more
2000 Mazda 626: car drove fine..It cranked fine..ran fine..reverse
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair, Mechanic
I have a 2000 Mazda 626. I went out, the car drove fine but when I came back to the car to go home it wouldn't go. It cranked fine, ran fine, but it would not go in reverse or forward.… read more
1998 XJ8: driven..drove..crank..it into the intake
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
My 1998 XJ8 has driven fine, yesterday i drove to work with no problems. When i went to go home the car would crank but not start. Im in Chicago and the temp was about 18 degrees so i bought some star… read more
drove..auto repair and they said it was the body control module
Dan, Auto Technician
My husband drove his car to work, no problem. When it was time to go home the car would turn over, but, would not start. He took it to an auto repair and they said it was the body control module. It's… read more
Drove..Wouldnt start..Coworker jump it and it started right up
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Drove to work just fine. Wouldn't start when I tried to go home. Coworker jump it and it started right up. I started to drive off and the car stalled. I tried to start it up and it wouldn't turn over.… read more
Hyundai excel: wouldnt start..wont start,ive..looks good..fuel pump
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
hi there my car is a hyundai excel 1996, it was going fine yesterday went to go to work 2day and it wouldnt start it is turning over but wont start,ive had this problem b4 2 times and it was a wire th… read more
RAN FINE went on 7 day vacation wont start turns over fine
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
RAN FINE went on 7 day vacation wont start turns over fine no codes … read more
1993 GMC YUKON: running fine..doors lock..unlock..dash lights
Shawn G
Shawn G, General Tech.
I have a 1993 GMC YUKON it was running fine then I went to start it, turned the key and it turned over for about half a second then nothing. I thought it may be the starter so I replaced that. When I … read more
ignition key would not turn..to my mechanic friends..car started
mastertechtim
mastertechtim, Repair Shop Owner
I was on vacation and when I went to go home the ignition key would not turn. I called around to my mechanic friends and was told to use graphite on the key. That worked and the car started, but I hav… read more
car - it turned over, started but after one second shut off
moparfl
moparfl, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Just had a problem hit me today. Car was working fine, went in for an appt, came out to start the car - it turned over, started but after one second shut off. Continued. Husband thought the sudden dee… read more
2003 grand am: batterry voltage good..wiring harness..jump..relay
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
2003 grand am drove home fine and next day won't turn over the batterry voltage good,changed neutral start switch and have power to it but not on the wires it says to check in park and neutral in the … read more