Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

john  aka eauto
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1990 Toyota: power is starting to fade along with the gas mileage.
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have 1990 Toyota 4 Runner, great car. The power is starting to fade along with the gas mileage. Would it be feasible to replace the engine and what are the things I should be thinking about if I do?… read more
Chevy: trouble with Speed bumps and rough roads..Sport..test-drove
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
Will MINI Cooper have trouble with Speed bumps and rough roads? I'm considering the purchase of a *Mini Cooper Sport '06 hardtop* from a Chevy dealer's lot. I test-drove the car and it was so much fun… read more
One of the spark plugs blew out. What would cause this? I
Gary
One of the spark plugs blew out. What would cause this? … read more
my oil changed..its messing up the engine or is just some thing else
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
i just got my oil changed 2 days ago and now the car is really not catching when i press on the gas. I'm not sure if its because of the oil and its messing up the engine or is just some thing else.… read more
95 achieva S: tires..overheated..leak is nothing but coolant
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
have a 95 achieva S, car had run great (except for tires) - got stuck in traffic five days ago, car overheated. Got to work this morning, car is leaking like crazy! I put water in her resoivier (sp) t… read more
2000 Olds Intrigue: Check Engine light..car runs..air intake
ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Lead Auto Tech
2000 Olds Intrigue, Check Engine light on, but car runs perfectly with no change in gas mileage, power, etc. Trouble codes indicate both low and high voltage to the air intake temperature sensor. Trie… read more
I HAVE A 2006 CHEVROLET HHR 2.2L THE POWERSTEERING SUTS DOWN
Ron, Automotive Tech
I HAVE A 2006 CHEVROLET HHR 2.2L THE POWERSTEERING SUTS DOWN AFTER DRIVING FOR 5 MIN THEN SUT OFF CAR AND RESTART ITS GOOD FOR AMOMENT CHECKED&REPLACED 60AMP FUSE NO DIFFRENT HELP?… read more
19913 Cadillac: Car runs great..my gas mileage..fuel mixture
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Benz master tech
I have a 19913 Cadillac sedan deville. Car runs great but my gas mileage is poor... the fuel mixture seems to be wrong. what do I do?… read more
Chrysler Sebring: Convertible..runs great..check engine light came on.
Online Wrench
Online Wrench, Associate Degree
I have a Chrysler Sebring LXI Convertible. It runs great and gets wonderful gas mileage. The check engine light came on. I took it to the dealer. They reported a code that said massive vaccum failure … read more
The car is a 2006 Mini S. It has beenleaking oil. The car
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
The car is a 2006 Mini Cooper S. It has beenleaking oil. The car drives great, no sounds, no smoke from tail pipe. We found that whoever did an oil change did not tighten up the bolts. I believe that … read more
my 2006..i let off the gas it spits and sputters..few miles..blink
DoctorD
DoctorD, Retired Auto Shop Owner
my 2006 mini The check ingine light is on and when i let off the gas it spits and sputters I have to turn the car off then back on and then it stops for few miles then does it again The check ingine l… read more
got new plugs and wires. gas mileage got worse. 2000 cartier.
Pragueress
Pragueress, Bachelor's Degree
got new plugs and wires. gas mileage got worse. 2000 cartier. do todays electronic cars need tune ups?… read more
Mini Cooper..garage..the Mini has done 102,000 miles)
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Auto Motive Instructor
We have a Mini Cooper S. At service the oil that was put in was far too thick and now the car is making an awful noise and virtually undriveable. The garage are saying that this is down to fair wear a… read more
automatic..air conditioner..laboring - a loud under load sound..rpms
Joe
Joe, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I own a 2006 Mini S, automatic. I am troubled that with may air conditioner on and when stopped in traffic or at a red light for a long time, the engine starts to sound like it is laboring - a loud un… read more
2006 nissan altima: trouble starting the car..engine cranks..gas pedal
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
i have a 2006 nissan altima, im having trouble starting the car, the engine cranks but i have to pump the gas pedal to start it. what can this be?… read more
I'm looking for a used Toyota or Honda car but not Prius for
Eric, Retired
I'm looking for a used Toyota or Honda car but not Prius for under $8,000. The car must have a clean title with mileage under 100,000. Besides Craigslist and Carmax, what are some other places I can l… read more
2006 reno: week, the malfunction indicator light came..hooked..scanner
Ironmike
Ironmike, ASE Master ,Ford Certified Master Tech
hi. my 2006 reno has been a great car since i got it in 2006. but this week, the malfunction indicator light came on. my son in law who is a mechanic hooked it up to a scanner and said he thought it w… read more
im thinking about buying a 2004 h2..buy to get better gas mileage
James, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I'm thinking about buying a 2004 H2, is there any fuel devices I can buy to get better gas mileage?… read more