Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2005 Nissan armada truck, the seat belt got caught…

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Nissan armada truck, the seat belt got caught in the driver side door, the silver part, got stuck in the door, and we caint get it open, what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

The driver side seat belt, we caint unlock the door to get it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?

We trying to do it ourselves, we took the panel off where the seat belt at, but nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Help

7/15/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Pulling panel off is probably not going to work, other than you can try to manually unlock it at the latch inside the door.More than likely what you need to do is get somebody who's got some weight buying them you know like somebody who's like six foot four and 250 pounds and have them push on the door or lean against the door as hard as they possibly can, do it like up on top by the window frame not down below where you're going to dent the door.the problem is that the seat belt buckle is actually slightly holding the door open and that has made it so that the micro switch in the door latch is telling the vehicle that the door is already unlocked or it's open and you need to basically try to just mechanically unlock the latch at the latch which bypasses all those micro switches and everything, but if it's mechanically jammed in place where you can't even unlatch it mechanically at the latch then it's because the latch is partially latched and you're going to just have to try to push the door shut as hard as you can if you can get the door to budge an extra millimeter or something like that then you have a second person working the power locks or even a third person also attempting to mechanically unlock it at the latch you should be able to get it to unlatch.You absolutely will not be able to get that buckle out between the door and the frame, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to mechanically unlatch it you should be able to see where the lock rod goes from the latch up to the door and shows you where the doors locked or unlocked and it's pretty self-explanatory Which Way lock and unlock is you just grab like a screwdriver or pliers and try to move the little lever on the latch to unlock.if I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that is the only way that I am compensated for my time, we are not paid an hourly minimum wage we are only paid when we help a customer successfully.You'll be able to ask follow-up questions about the repair if you have any more issues even after accepting.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician