Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2015 Subaru forester and i have pressed the break…

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Subaru forester and i have pressed the break pedal to many times so the car is now not indicating that the brake pedal is being pushed to use the push to start not sure how to relieve the pressure in the pedal

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes i have i have also disconnected the negative and then reconnected it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. i have put it into acc. held break and start button for 15 secs to do an emergency start. did not work. put car in neutral and rolled it a few feet. that did not work. i have pushed the break pedal to the floor and the indicator still does not show that i am pressing the pedal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it just how to relieve the pressure from the break pedal so i can get the car to register that it is being pressed so i can start the engine

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Car
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
also pressing the break pedal to the floor the break lights do not come on
7/11/2018
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 9 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

So far it appears like you have damaged the brake on-off switch on the brake pedal. Can you inspect it before we get into doing electrical testing with a volt meter or test light?

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 3 days ago
i fixed the problem before receiving this response. it was a blown fuse.
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 days ago

Glad you got it resolved.