Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2003 Lincoln Navigator and the key fob doesn’t

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 2003 Lincoln Navigator and the key fob doesn’t work, the interior lights when you initially open the door, the door lock and unlock buttons for the entire truck, the lock and unlock for the tailgate and the window all do not work. I can’t open the back windows seperatly. The panel says there is an open door but there isn’t. How can I get all of here to work? I looked in the fuse box and couldn’t find a burnt fuse. Not sure where or which relay to check and I don’t want to mess anything up. Please help???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes.. no help

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and I checked the fuses

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
7/8/2018
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

We are only allowed to help on one issue per question. The website offers a subscription plan for multiple issues so multiple posts can be opened and asked and rated for only one fee to you.

Which issue on his post would you like me to help with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I listed all of the things that’s going on because I believe they speak to a bigger problem that’s related to the same core fuse, relay or something problem. I was hoping that an expert with navigator background would see this and say .. ah ha.. I know exactly what that is and not see them as separate issues.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not sure if it’s the company’s automated ad or are you really sending me responses???

These issues are not related, that is why I sent the response I did.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to know why my doors won’t lock and unlock and infuses are burnt and the key fob won’t make them work either and I know the issues are related. It’s not a key fob battery issue as well. There is a disconnect somewhere and that’s what I need to know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Typo: I meant the fuses aren’t burnt

Remove the driver's door lock switch.

Are the black wires both ground?

What is the voltage on pink/light green?

What is the voltage on pink/yellow?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have to check these tomorrow afternoon. Can I respond to this message at that point?

Yes you can, we have 7 days.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks will do

Your welcome

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still haven’t been able to take my door panel off to check the voltage as you asked. I was going to try again either tonight or tomorrow .. I have 7 days total right? Is there a common occurrence of this issue that you could also research as a master mechanic?

Yes, this happens often but it is not pinpointed to one issue, there are so many things which can be to blame.

Hello, Chris here again,

Thanks, Chris