Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2007 Passat 2.0 t. Check engine light flashing car runs

2007 Passat 2.0 t...

2007 Passat 2.0 t. Check engine light flashing car runs rough and motor shakes and when you put in gear it will hardly even go but will idle but shakes

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Blink

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure ..

7/7/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Hi there! My name is Mike. The site will be promoting a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

The flashing check engine light usually means you have a misfire. This is usually the result of a faulty ignition coil. Normally if you can get the codes read it will point to the cylinder that's causing the issue. This can help save some money because you won't have to replace all the coils. Most parts stores will check the codes free for you. If you decide to have the codes read and want to post the code here with me, I can provide a much more detailed answer for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is not safe to drive

It is safe to drive a short distance in most cases. You don't want to run it to much as it can cause issues with the catalytic converter.

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank

You're very welcome!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out here.

Thank you for the rating!