Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I need to replace the top neck that goes into the motor.

I need to replace...

I need to replace the top neck that goes into the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic 3.0 6cyl 210,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2000 sl2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the neck piece that goes into the motor the bracket broke

7/6/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a picture of the broken piece so I make sure I get you the right part

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a picture. it is the piece that the top radiator hose connects to that goes into the motor 2000 Saturn ls2 3.0 v-6. the bracket that holds that piece in is broken

is there a way you can get a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it is at my friends house and he is gone for a week. the upper radiator hose connects to it and that piece goes into the motor

thats ok you can send a picture in a week, or see if you can see it in one of these pictures, circle it and send it

https://www.google.com/search?q=2000+sl2+motor&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1sbaIsIvcAhXikOAKHe61DzoQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1600&bih=786#imgrc=f_6NP-8gPt4iPM:

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Different expert here. DO you still need assistance with your Saturn?

Ok. That piece that you want to replace is the thermostat housing extension. To replace it you need to remove the intake manifold.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where can I find a thermostat housing extension

A bunch of places have it online. CLICK HERE for a link to one place that has it.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician